Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.
29534642

When u start the car wont stay start , until it warm up

Customer Question

When u start the car won't stay start , until it warm up
Submitted: 3 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  Edward replied 3 years ago.

Edward :

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help. Let me first ask, what make year and model is the car? Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-mmwy3jfh- :

97oldsmoblie intergue

Edward :

Alright, Is the check engine light currently on when the vehicle is being driven now? \

JACUSTOMER-mmwy3jfh- :

yes, and no im not driving it

Edward :

Alright, If the check engine light is on, then in my opinion there is a code stored and that may pinpoint what the issue is, Usually this problem is associated with a Mass Air Flow sensor, or an Engine coolant temperature sensor.

If you don't have a scanner, most local auto parts stores have them, you may be able to rent one for a small deposit. Also, check the fresh air pipe from the Mass Air Flow sensor to the throttle body, make sure it's not got any holes or vacuum leaks.

It would be a good idea to clean the throttle body as well, this can help with idling problems or engine stalling. Take a tooth brush, a rag, and some carb cleaner, Remove the fresh air hose from the throttle body and spray the throttle body down with the rag cleaner, brush the dirt and varnish away and repeat until the throttle body is clean. Let me know if you have any further questions.

JACUSTOMER-mmwy3jfh- :

ok thanks

Edward :

Absolutely, thank you.