Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Dodge: 2004 Dodge Ram 2500/2005 - Error Code P1753 and P1751The

2004 Dodge Ram 2500/2005 -...
2004 Dodge Ram 2500/2005 - Error Code P1753 and P1751

The car is weak and the panel indicates p1753 and P 1751. The mechanics of Brazil can not solve. I was asked parasubstituir the solenoids, spent a big money and not resolved because remains weak.
Please for help!!.
9/3/2013
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Neither of these codes are related to solenoids so I'm not sure why you were told they needed to be replaced.

Both of these codes are for the throttle valve actuator on the left side of the trans. The older trucks had a cable, when the throttle cable was eliminated then an electric actuator was used to open the throttle valve.

This was used on later trucks but the service information doesn't show these to be valid for a 2004 truck. Check to see if you have an actuator or a cable, hopefully it's an actuator.

If so then remove it and make sure the throttle valve does move freely by hand. These codes are both for physical movement issues with the actuator. If you're able to move the valve by hand with no problems then replace the actuator.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Dear,

Authorized the replacement because here in my town does not have much choice workshop working with Dodge. So what the mechanic talking we have to believe. Well, anyway the solenoids were replaced and the mechanic informed me that, as the symptom of the car still continues to be weak, we will open the exchange to give internal maintenance.

I even checked the codes are not related to what I was past, so I got in touch with you expertes the subject.

The car's year of manufacture 2004 and 2005 model. And has already checked "yes" the Actuator, which is a piece that is shaped in "D".

I will not remove the actuator now poque have not bought, because here in Brazil we have great difficulty in acquiring spare parts Dodge. But as soon as I do this procedure I will contact them to report the result.

I take also ask them for help installing the motor 4x4 because the previous owner damaged the engine reduced and replaced by a 2007 model, and the wiring diagram of connections "connector" is different.
I ask, please, send me the connection diagram with wiring diagram 2004 and 2007 so I can compare them.

thank you,
Alessandro

The truck has a 2007 wiring harness and ECM?

EMC 2004 original, but I have the wires that came with the box from 2007.

The throttle valve actuator and it's wiring are the same between 2004 and 2007 so nothing to worry about there.

Ok, but the traction motor is off!
The connector is in the car is different from the connector that came with the gearbox.

Traction motor? We're concerned with the transmission throttle valve actuator on the left side of the transmission. The connector for the throttle valve actuator was the same all the way through 2007.

Friend, first I apologize for how to write, because I do not speak English and I'm using the translator to meet me.
First things first:
1. About Actuator, so I'll get to follow his guidance. As I understand it, I should be and should not be able to move it by hand, correct?
2. Also take this opportunity to ask for help with 4x4 because the gearbox was replaced and the truck is only 4x2. For the electrical connections are disconnected due to the connectors on the cables that come with the new box are different. So I ask you to send me, if you have the electrical wiring diagram of 2004 and 2007 so I can compare, because the connector that connects to the traction motor is different from the previous.
Att, Alessandro

I assumed that English wasn't your first language, so far we're not doing too bad!

You shouldn't be able to turn the actuator by hand really, but you should be able to turn the manual valve shaft by hand with the actuator removed. If you can turn it then replace the actuator.

The transfer case on the 2004 truck was controlled by a separate transfer case control module in the dash. On the 2007 truck it is controlled by the TIPM, the module/fuse box under the hood. Your truck doesn't have a TIPM so there is no way you'll make this harness work with the transfer case. The transfer case motor is going to need to be completely rewired to the 2004 truck, nothing in the 2007 harness on the truck now is usable to you. Have you considered buying the correct wiring harness?

Ok,

On skill transfer box, I'm spinning old and new, I like to work?

Do you know if the transfer case module and it's wiring/connector are still in the truck?

The transfer case module inform you do not know because I do not know how it is.

The wiring / connector are still in the truck yes, ok!

The truck is with the old wiring, of 2004.

The traction motor is disconnected because the pinout is different from what is in the truck.

The connector,wiring and control system are all different. Even if you had the correct connector it still wouldn't work.

You're either going to need to install the correct engine wiring harness or completely rewire the transfer case to the existing transfer case module and wiring. If you want to custom make a harness I can help with the wiring.

I'm having trouble understanding.
So I have to connect the 4x4 in any way?

If there is a way to adapt I'd like to help me, please!

I have two harnesses:

- Harness 2004 is in the car.

- Harness 2007 is out, but is perfect, complete!

The truck is a 2004 and you have a 2004 harness installed in it now? The transfer case connector should be correct then. I thought that you had a 2007 harness in the 2004 truck now.

If you do have the 2004 harness in the truck now can you explain exactly what you are seeing wrong with the transfer case connector?

The traction motor is from 2007 and is mounted in the car, but is off its electric part.
Reason: the connector that does not fit in the car, as is the 2004.

I have the harness connector that fits (2007), but is out for being different does not know how to connect.

You're going to need a 2004 transfer case motor. The 2007 motor isn't controlled in the same way than the older trucks and isn't compatible with your control system.

I can not adjust the connections?

Correct. The 2003-2005 shift motors are the same, 2006-7 motors are different and controlled by a different system.

My God, I am lost!
There are many problems, because here I can not find parts for this truck.

For now, I appreciate your help, here are 22:44 pm and I need to sleep, tomorrow I contact.

thank you,
Alessandro

You're welcome!

Dear,
Discouraged after informing me that I can not turn the traction motor.
Well, for now, I'll try to fix the problem of light injection on.
After the mechanic replace the governor solenoid and another transmission, the car continued with the same symptoms, but the light injection deleted.
He told me he had to go to another shop to pass the scanner and when he returned already came to light on again.
I even did the test on off on off and checked the Captcha code P1753 and P1751. Questioned about the codes and the mechanic informed me that to solve the problem have to open the entire transmission to replace the internal Master Kit, straps, cleanup, etc..
I have not done the test you directed me for the reason that I still can not buy the actuator, because here is very time consuming to get spare parts for Dodge.
I wonder if I run the risk of replacing the actuator and still have to actually do the complete exchange, as I said the mechanic?

What symptoms are you having exactly?

friend

One question I have left on the drive motor.

If I can find an engine in 2004, it will fit the mechanical traction in the box that is in the truck? because it is 2007

symptoms:

The car looks weak, but the road goes right, reaches 140km.

Takes to change the gear 1st to 2nd seems skate.

The entire transfer case is a 2007? I assume the shift motor will bolt up but can't say for sure because I've never tried it.

It sounds like you're having upshift problems, which will happen if the throttle valve actuator isn't working. Based on the information I have I can't say that the transmission would need to be replaced or overhauled. You have two codes setting for the throttle valve actuator so that needs to be repaired regardless and then see how it shifts.

I need to make an urgent travel 700km on the truck, it can hurt anything?

Most likely not.

I am in search of the actuator, so I can do the procedures recommended me and return the contact.

thank you,
Alessandro

You're welcome!
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician