Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

are there any type of 90 degree fittings that i can use on

Customer Question
the outlet portion of the...
are there any type of 90 degree fittings that i can use on the outlet portion of the walbro pump specifically the 455 e85 pump
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/1/2013
Auto Mechanic: ASE Master Tech 35yrs, ASE Master Auto Tech replied 4 years ago
ASE Master Tech 35yrs
ASE Master Tech 35yrs, ASE Master Auto Tech

ASE Master Tech 35yrs :

Glad to be of help. Yes, that will work if it matches the outlet connection you have. See this link for install instructions with pictures: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17458

ASE Master Tech 35yrs :

I'm switching to Q&A format to be notified of your response.

So the dorman 800-123 will work on the outlet of the wlbro 455? Are you sure and how do you know?

I'm not sure where you are trying to put this fitting, it doesn't connect to the pump.

Did you look at the forum link I sent you showing the brass T barb fitting? This is how it connects.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17458

See also http://www.bimmerboost.com/printthread.php?t=29695&pp=40&page=9

http://www.mcmaster.com/#53055k179/=obn7r2

What is the year, make & model of your vehicle?

Ok you see that line coming from pump that where its kinking. Im trying to put a 90 so it doesnt kink thats where the forman fitting comes in. Once you put the hat on it, it pushes on the hose kinking it. I have.gone thru 2 walbros already I really dont feel like spending another 130 bucks again for the 3rd time. So yes the forman 800-123l is a 90 degree fitting its suppose tobe used with some other male fitting but the walbro outlet is very similar. I sent u pic earlier so you can compare them and tell me what you thought

Is this where you plan to put this fitting where it connects at the bottom?

graphic

or at the top where it connects to the tee?

I would suggest using 90 degree fuel hose. You can get it here:

http://www.autopartsandstuff.com/gates-gat-24715-fuelfillhose.aspx

90 degree fuel hose would solve your problem better:

Now that sounds like a plan but ine thing that hose has to be able to take e85 not just regular fuel which is 10percent ethanol and be completely submersible

As far as that goes, you would have to ask if it's E85 compatible. However, I have good news.

Here's the correct dorman fitting: Dorman 800-081
http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-081-Fuel-Line-Fitting/dp/B000E3487E/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1375094661&sr=1-1&keywords=dorman+800-081

Forum link

http://forums.n54tech.com/showthread.php?p=267426

Now if that fits the top of the pump that wld be awesome but asked and they that fitting is for a male bundy fitting. Thats what I was wondering if you look at the top of the walbro pump 455 pump it looks similar to the bundy fitting.just to be clear I have that set up exactly everything is good except for the hose that comes from the to that T. WHEN you put the hat on the assembly it pushes on the hose kinking it thats where a 90degre fitting wld work

They tell me O'Reillys has this fitting so you can check it out in person to see if it's exacly what you need without guessing and mail order.

It's a good thing I clicked on the immunity box. There is more than one way to accomplish what you want by using 90 degree line or elbo fitting and connecting with short piece of fuel hose. Another way to keep your original hose from kinking you could shorten the hose enough so it doesn't kink when you put the hat on the assembly.

See these links for 90 degree line:

90 degree line
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Help-5-16-x-4-in-double-bead-fuel-sending-unit-repair-line-and-90-degree-end/_/N-25n5?itemIdentifier=238644_0_0_

http://www.brakequip.com/fuel_line_repair.html

Don't worry about I'm done with this. My question ended up being your answere. I will never use this website again. Thanks

ASE Master Tech 35yrs
ASE Master Tech 35yrs