Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche 911 Carrera: I have a buzzing/humming sound coming

I have a buzzing/humming sound coming from the front of my 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera when the car is turned off. There is also a warning light coming on about the PSM? this started just after I got it washed/waxed.?.?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here it sounds like an electrical component may have got wet during the car wash and may be causing this here,I have seen this before in some cases with electronics on a vehicle failing after being wet from a car wash.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with your vehicle since this warning light has come on as most likely this is related to this issue here and will aid with the diagnosis for this noise.

Once the code(s) have been read out it can then be determined as to what component is found at fault and either the water cleaned out and dried up in some cases to correct this or the affected electrical component replaced.

I have seen in some cases as well if a vehicle is left to sit and dry out it may correct itself.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete