Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chev. Impala: i HAVE A CODE po341 AND HAVE CHANGED THE CMP

i HAVE A CODE po341 AND HAVE CHANGED THE CMP TWICE. tHE CAR WILL RUN ABOUT 50 MILES BEFORE SETTING THIS CODE. IT WILL LOOSE POWER FOR A SHORT DISTANCE THEN RECOVER AND RUN NORMAL FOR A WHILE. THIS WILL COME AND GO. ANY IDEAS.Customer
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. Do you have the 3.4 or the 3.8 engine? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dan Thanks for the responce. It is a 3.8

Thanks Ron, this is a common problem caused by a bad ignition module on these vehicles which fits the symptoms perfectly. Considering you already replaced the cam sensor I would go ahead and just replace the ignition module since wiring is very unlikely the problem due to the symptoms. Here are replacement instructions, let me now if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help.
-

http://db.tt/zE3kjPO3

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your diagnosis was dead on. Thanks much. !!!!!!!!!

Good to hear it is up and running now. Thanks for update Ron and have a good weekend.