Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Bentley GT: I have just purchased a 2004 Bentley CGT. The

Customer Question
I have just purchased a...
I have just purchased a 2004 Bentley CGT. The rotary push knob does not respond in any mode. Any ideas?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Car
8/10/2013
Auto Mechanic: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Josie-Mod

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you tell me where this knob is located on your vehicle as well as what function it performs?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete
Relist: Answer quality.
It's a Bentley. Any Bentley expert would know what the rotary push knob is. Let's find a Bentley expert.
Thanks!
Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 4 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Quality research = Quality answer!!
The rotary knob is it for the mirrors to fold in or the one on the radio/infotainment center or the knob on the center console near the global close switch. A pic will help out tremendously
Thanks

It's the infotainment knob. No more indents, it spins freely and doesn't change anything.

Thanks!

That is not a good sign. The infotainment unit needs to be scanned for faults to verify but the way u are describing this issue the infotainment unit needs to be replaced. If you try to adjust the suspension stiffness is there a resistance to the knob ? Different selections of the info unit the detents are different. Please let me know

checking in to see if you have any results in what I asked with the suspension selection!

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician