nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Smart Cdi: On an 06 cdi smart car - I am looking for the wiring

On an 06 cdi smart car - I am looking for the wiring colour codes for the side air bag under the drivers and passenger seats - in and out of the red connector - the connector fits both ways
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

The common problem would be a loose connector. So, you simply turn ignition off, and unplug the connector, make sure you have tight and clean contacts (spray contact cleaner while at it), and refit tightly. You can use plastic straps or tighteners around the connectors, to make sure they stay tightly connected.

Having checked these, and if the problem persists, you can get back to me with the fault codes you have, so we proceed with the checks accordingly.

Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I. Wanted the wire codes in and out of connecter
Hello Rick,

The smart diagrams (by MB) do not contain color codes. They contain pin numbers.
Additionally, i do not have a similar vehicle under disposal to check the wire colors.
I can however tell you how to fit the connector if you wish so, and if not, i will opt out, so other experts take a look at this.

Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to know the wire color to rejoin plug
Hello Rick,

The plug with the two pins in it on either side, goes both ways. On the other side you have an igniter, which, when supplied with 12 volts will ignite (no matter where you get the positive or negative). On the control module side, it only sends voltage (in the unfortunate case of an accident), or it measures resistance, which is the same both ways.
So in short, it works in both ways.

Regards,
Billy