Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2000 rodeo v-6, installed reman trans , had intermittent harsh

Customer Question
2-3 shift after driving in...
2000 rodeo v-6, installed reman trans , had intermittent harsh 2-3 shift after driving in town for a while, installed another unit from the supplier, same problem, when this problem begins it will continue until shutting car down for a bit, or i have got it to clear up making a forced downshift or passing gear,
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Car
8/4/2013
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

1) This is not an answer nor a direct info request to your concern.
2) First off I am checking to see if you have already resolved your concern.

3) If you do still need help, if there is anything more you think would help me answer your question, please reply with that info.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass. I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I work on this site only in the evening hours 7 days a week. I am online normally from 3-midnight. At the latest you should get a response from me prior to 9pm TN time.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

the issue has not been resolved, what other info would you like

Is the 2-3 shift occurring fast or slow when its hard engaging?

Any warning lights on and codes stored?

fast shift and no codes

Possible causes are: Incorrect brake band adjustment, 3rd clutch piston seal leaking, faulty brake band. Faulty shift valves, 2.3 shift solenoid electrically faulty.

i work on trans for living since 1974, this is a control issue being caused by pcm commanding it, atra and ete reman have not been able to steer me as to what in the engine could be causing a difference in load

Glad you got it figure out.

problem is i dont have it figured out, some sort of engine , a sensor or electronic issue

I am going to let someone else try to help
Auto Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 4 years ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

ive got a few more days,

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Auto Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 4 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Good afternoon my name is Roy and I will assist you today.

Had a similar issue with one a couple of years ago and found out that the computer must be flashed after replacing the trans or it will continue to shift the same way prior to the repair.

I dont see any TSB on it but I pulled my hair out till I found someone at the dealer who helped me out. They flashed it and it was perfect.

Hope this helps

Roy

didnt help another 100 down the drain

ok, very odd for 2 transmissions to have the exact issue. When you had it flashed, did they have any problems getting the tcm to accept the flash?? If it went with no issues then the wiring seems to be ok,

Did the reman people give you any ideas if they has similiar issues?? My only other thought is the tcm is bad but that is usually verified by the unit not accepting the new flashing. Were there any codes remaining in the trans system??

Roy

we got it back from being reflashed tuesday and i havent had time to look at it since but tech that programmed it said problem still exist.

Hard to believe that 2 trans have the same internal failure.

Roy
Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest