Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2009 bentley continental gt has dead battery and the key stuck.

how can I access the...
2009 bentley continental gt has dead battery and the key stuck. how can I access the boot to jump the batteries
7/28/2013
Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 9 years ago
Matt, Engineer
Hello

these cars are fitted with a manual boot release system which can be used to mechanically open the boot in the event of low battery voltage. The system consists of a release bracket, adjustable cable and a release lever located on the rear seat squab panel. if you look in the owners handbook its called : Boot lid manual release - To remove, fit and check

Matt, Engineer

The answer you gave is already on the net referring to 2005 bentley and I am wondering if you can tell me how else 2009 bentley continental trunk can be opened. I need help.

Hello

OK

I'd next try charging the battery you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter / accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger but car accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car