Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

isuzu rodeo: ok i had my tranny replaced on an 2001 isuzu rodeo,

ok i had my tranny replaced on an 2001 isuzu rodeo, after that the rear main seal started leaking could this be from tranny replacement???
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to try and assist you with this.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

If the rear main seal was tampered with or accidentally poked or pried up against when the transmission was replaced I have seen this cause an issue like this before in the past and had to remove the transmission to replace this seal.

If this started to leak right after the transmission was replaced most likely this is the case here and the seal should be replaced.If you had a shop or dealer install this transmission I would see if they will cover or at least help with the costs for replacement of this seal as some will especially if they find it was their fault.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pete,

OK so let me explain furthure..I took my vehicle to a repair shop to have the trans repaired after they replaced the trans the rear main seal leaked. following that the engine blew up.. The repair shop says that there is no possible way that replacing the trans could effect the rear main seal and is impossible that they caused the leak..I have asked a few people that i know and they say it is possible even likely that the removal of the trans causes the rear main seal to leak. What is your professional opinion?

Yes,having the transmission removed can cause this seal to leak as I have seen before especially if it was damaged in any way when the transmission was removed,then if it leaked badly to where you lost allot of engine oil this will cause the engine to fail like this here.So if this wasn't a leak in the past but was after words most likely this was the cause here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete