K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a 2010 road glide custom and I put a tour pack with

I have a 2010 road glide custom and I put a tour pack with an antenna relocation kit on and now I don't get any radio stations except our local radio
Usually this is due to a cable issue. Either poor connection at the extension or a pinch causing it to short internally. I honestly suggest using the hidden antennas and mounting them in the front fairing. Looks clean, no hassle to remove the tour pack and less reception loss due to cable length. I've had real good results with this model
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I took the antenna apart and when I unscrewed the main cable the reception was awesome and then I hooked it back up and it went to shit again. Someone said I have to get my CD player updated at a dealership, I've never heard of that

No update needed, if it picked up good with the antenna unplugged the there's a short from the ground to signal in the antenna. I can't begin to tell you how many issues I've seen with the HD relocation kits. For what they charge for the kit you'd think it would be much better quality.