Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Isuzu Trooper LS: Hi! My car Isuzu trooper 1994 3.2 liter LS.

Hi! My car Isuzu trooper...
Hi! My car Isuzu trooper 1994 3.2 liter LS. I would like to ask. Why is it jammed on the climbs and RPM readings does not rise more than 2,000 rpm, on the contrary decreases. And on a flat road is fine. Only long accelerating. No master can not understand it. What is the diagnostic system can determine this? How do I find the ends of the connection?
7/18/2013
Tim's Auto Repair

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

from the way you explain..it sounds as if you may need to check the fuel pressure

tims auto repair :

the fuel filter may be clogged or ,,the fuel pump may just be weak and needs replaced

tims auto repair :

At Idle, vacuum to regulator ...................... 25 - 30 psi (190 - 200 kPa)
At Idle, no vacuum to regulator ................... 41 - 46 psi (280 - 320 kPa)

tims auto repair :

10_is94troop_6e2-051.png
Full Size Image

Diagnostic Chart

48_is94troop_6e2-050.png
Full Size Image

Circuit Diagram

Circuit Description
The Fuel Pump delivers fuel to the Fuel Rail and injectors, where the system pressure is controlled from 280 to 320 kPa (41 to 46 psi) by the Fuel Pressure Control Valve. Excess fuel is returned to the fuel tank. When the engine is stopped, the pump can be energized by jumping the Fuel Pump Relay connector with a fused jumper.

Test Description
Numbers below refer to circled numbers on the diagnostic chart.
1. Use pressure gauge J-34730-1. Wrap a shop towel around the fuel pressure tap to absorb any small amount of fuel leakage that may occur when installing the gauge. (The pressure will not leak down after the Fuel Pump is stopped on a correctly functioning system.)
2. While the engine is idling, Manifold Absolute Pressure is low (high vacuum). When this is applied to the Fuel Regulator Diaphragm the vacuum will result in a lower fuel pressure at about 190 - 200 kPa (25 - 30 psi).
3. The application of high vacuum to the Fuel Pressure Control Valve should result in a fuel pressure drop.
4. Fuel pressure leak-down may be caused by one of the following:
- Fuel Pump Check Valve not holding.
- Pump Coupling Hose leaking.
- Fuel Pressure Control Valve leaking.
- Injector sticking open/leaking.

Diagnostic Aids
Improper fuel system pressure may contribute to one or all of the following symptoms:
- Cranks but will not run.
- Diagnostic Trouble Code 44 or 45.
- Cutting out (May feel like ignition problem).
- Hesitation, loss of power or poor fuel economy.

tims auto repair :

11_is94troop_6e2-053.png
Full Size Image

Diagnostic Chart

49_is94troop_6e2-052.png
Full Size Image

Circuit Diagram

Circuit Description

Test Description
5. Pressure less than 280 kPa (41 psi) may be caused by one of two problems.
- The regulated fuel pressure is too low. The system will be running lean and may set Diagnostic Trouble Code 44. Also, hard cold starting and overall poor performance is possible.
- Restricted flow is causing a pressure drop. Normally, a vehicle with a fuel pressure loss at idle will not be driveable. However, if the pressure drop occurs only while driving, the engine will surge and then stop as pressure begins to drop rapidly.
6. Restricting the fuel return line allows the fuel pump to build above regulated pressure. When battery positive voltage is applied to the Fuel Pump Relay, pressure should be above 450 kPa (65 psi).
7. This test determines if the high fuel pressure is due to a restricted Fuel Return Line or a Fuel Pressure Control Valve problem.

tims auto repair :

50_is94troop_6e2-054.png
Full Size Image

Circuit Diagram

Circuit Description
The Fuel Rail is equipped with a shrader fitting. Install fuel pressure gauge "J-34730-1".

Test Description
Tools required: J-34730-1, fuel pressure gauge.

CAUTION: To reduce the risk of fire and personal injury:
- Relieve fuel pressure before connectioning a fuel pressure gauge.
- A small amount of fuel may be released when disconnection the fuel lines. Cover fuel line fittings with a shop towel before disconnecting, to catch any fuel that may leak out. Place towel in approved container when disconnect is completed.

Fuel Presure Relief Procedure
1. Remove Fuel Cap.
2. Remove Fuel Pump Relay from underhood relay center.
3. Start engine and allow to stall.
4. Crank engine for an additional 30 seconds.
5. Remove negative battery cable.

Fuel Gauge Adapter Installation
1. remove shoulder fitting cap.
2. Install fuel gauge J-34730-1 to Fuel Rail.
3. Re-install Fuel Pump Relay.
4. Connect negative battery cable

tims auto repair :

86_92isu1001-128a.png
Full Size Image

Fuel Filter

Located on right side under vehicle.

tims auto repair :

05_92isu1001-131a.png
Full Size Image

Fuel Pump

Located inside fuel tank.

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Tim's Auto Repair

Hello again,my friend! Could you please help me to advise a diagnostic devise and where can i buy it for my car?

hi
i see you are in a different country,,,,,i dont know if i can help you with this...
you should be able to buy/order the fuel pressure test gauge and a scanner at your local auto parts store..you may want to ask that question as a new question,and you may get an expert that knows where to get this in your country
thanks

I'm from Azerbaijan.I have not in my country this item.I can order it on Ebay. I need just you advise about the model of diagnostic scanner.Thanks!

hi
i will give you information on how to scan it to get the codes without a scanner

please copy and paste the link below to your browser..i have uploaded more info on this there

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ykw37htylfu1hj/The%20provision%20for%20communicating0718-TROOPER-CODES-%20with%20the%20engine%20control%20module%20is%20the%20Data%20Link%20Connector.doc

.

thanks

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic