sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  Certified Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

transit van: ford transit van 2003 2,4 turbo diesel very

ford transit van 2003 2,4 turbo diesel
very hard clutch-busted two clutch master cylinders
what would be the cause

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to continue

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Hello, I'm sorry you haven't received an answer sooner, I hope the following assists you.

If the clutch is hard to press and this is resulting in damage to the hydraulic system then there is a concern with the clutch assembly itself, usually a cover or DMF fault.

You need to remove the transmission to replace the clutch, also check the dual mass flywheel (DMF) to make sure this isn't causing damage to either the clutch or hydraulic system as DMF failures are very common on this model. Check the fork that operates the release bearing, make sure the pivot isn't worn allowing the fork to move about excessively.

When you refit the clutch slave cylinder make sure the rod locates in the release fork as I've seen a few where the cylinder rod is not in line and this causes the slave cylinder to crack and fail.

Start with removing the transmission and checking the clutch, DMF, release bearing and fork condition, as you are suffering repeated hydraulic failures the fault must be outside the hydraulic system.

Let me know if I can assist further or if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.

sean, Technician
Experience: Certified Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.