Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

daihatsu rocky head gasket resurface the head lost marks cylinder

Customer Question

daihatsu rocky head gasket resurface the head lost marks cylinder 1 at tdc how can doit with camshaft aligment
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you with this problem

what year is it ?

Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have that already like to make sure the valves are on exaust at tdc,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.

if the cam gear is on and the F is aligned with the indicator and the crank lower gear is aligned with the drill mark that engine is aligned correctly for the belt

that's a single cam and if the cam pulley is on correctly with the F at the indicator its at TDC to be times

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

doesnt matter witch valve is open im replacing the head gasket

Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.
no it does not as long as the gear is correctly on the cam shaft and the F is at the indicator the cam is timed just make sure the bottom crank gear is aligned also
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks the torque is like 44 pounds

Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.

Coat each cylinder head bolt with a thin film of engine oil. Using these bolts, install the cylinder head to the cylinder block. Tighten the bolts evenly over two or three stages, following the sequence shown. Yes 44 LB pounds is perfect as the spec is 43 - 49 LB punds

Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.
you can always get me back through his post with any follow up with this question any time even after you rate us here at Justanswer !