ClayA
ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills
74704726

Saturn SL2: I have a 2002 Saturn SL2. The Anti-theft/Security

I have a 2002 Saturn SL2. The Anti-theft/Security System's alarm randomly goes off on numerous occasion (night and day) for no apparent reason. Please advise. Thank you.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I still need your help please.

More information: When I arm the security system, I have to disarm the system because it alarms itself (light flashing, horn blowing) without any theft occurrence. This occurs throughout the day and night (especially early mornings hours) when activated. At this present, my vehicle is security system is not armed which means remaining unlocked/ insured.

At a minimum I want to know why this is occurring and what need to done to fix this problem. so I can secure my vechile without waking up in the middle of sleep to deactive the systems for no apparent reason. Thank you.

Is this the factory installed system or an additional aftermarket one?

While your driving do you ever have a false indicator stating a door is open or does the courtesy light come on for no reason?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is this the factory installed system or an additional aftermarket one? Factory Installed

While your driving do you ever have a false indicator stating a door is open or does the courtesy light come on for no reason? No

I am going to let someone more educated on this concern try.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Chris,

Do you have an idea when I will be contacted by the the individual you are referring my problem to. Please adviss. Thank you.

Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

This is a common problem with Saturns. It is caused by failure of the BCM. The BCM controls operation of the security system, door locks, and lighting controls for the vehicle. When it starts to fail, the symptoms are erratic and intermittent operation of the door locks, alarm, and sometimes the vehicle lighting. Replacing the BCM is the fix for the problem. The new BCM does have to be programmed by a dealer after installation.

ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills