Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

Suzuki XL-7: When the A/C in on I get water on the floor?

When the A/C in on I get water on the floor?

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is the water only on the passenger side of the floor?

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

Ok, then the problem is a plugged evaporator condensation drain tube, and the condensation that builds up around the evaporator coil cannot drain out and then it leaks out of the housing and onto the floor. Leaves and debris can accumulate over time and plug the drain up. Have a shop you trust clean it out for you. It is not too difficult and no parts are involved. A reputable shop should not charge more than an hours worth of labor to do this.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where would that condensation drain tube be located

On the lower right fire wall area in the engine compartment. It will be a small plastic tube looking thing about 1/2" in diameter.

Thank you for the positive rating!

Chris