How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask K. Wiggins Your Own Question
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 2956
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
Type Your Car Question Here...
K. Wiggins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mazda Protege MAZDASPEED: I have a 2003 mazdaspeed protege

This answer was rated:

I have a 2003 mazdaspeed protege and it has a hole in block I want to know if I can make a 2.0 non turbo motor work in the car if I put all the Mazda speed turbo stuff on the non turbo engine
Hello, You can use the non turbo short block, the pistons and crank are the same as the turbo. You will need to use the turbo head and other associated parts.
K. Wiggins and 7 other Car Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So if i use the head and turbo off my 2.0 it will all work on a non turbo short block is that wat your saying?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you the man im taking your word for it on this i bought the car for 250 itsx in good shape bad motor and also tho wat about the non turbo motor being set up as automatic my car is stick


Glad to help, you got a real good deal there. As far as swapping out to a stick just swap over your flywheel and clutch to the non turbo motor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hot damn u r the man for sure i appreciate the help big time i will let u know if i need furthrr assistance u get an a+++++ in my book

No problem. If anything further comes up you can reach me here