Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Nissan Terrano: I have a Nissan Terrano 3.1 QD32.For the

I have a Nissan Terrano 3.1 QD32.

For the last couple of months the orange engine check light has been coming on intermittently usually on longer drives. Since last week on 3 occasions the motor has failed to start. It winds over but wont fire. If you leave it for 5 minutes it will start perfectly. Also once while sitting idling the motor vibrated and seemed to want to take off. I don't want to be stuck somewhere what do you think it could be.

Thanks Barry
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicle engine and transmission computers.Since this light has been coming on there should be a fault code set related to this issue that will aid with the diagnosis and location of this fault.Once the codes read out the diagnosis and repair can be done to locate and correct the fault.

The no start is most likely related and may be an issue with an electrical sensor on the engine or possibly fuel supply or fuel feed to the engine and injectors.Having the codes checked will aid with this diagnosis.If you can get them read out then post the code info here I can see if I can look up the code to see if we can locate this issue just let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete