Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

po1o1 code, engine turns over wont start and run

Customer Question

po1o1 code, engine turns over won't start and run
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem solved. Unplug the mass airflow sensor and let me know if that allows it to run. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where do I find the mass air flow sensor?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Here is a picture, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/2SVHjMqa

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you, I will try that, and get back to you.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Sounds good, let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this did not allow the engine to run, but I also did not hear the fuel pump come on either.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Has the check engine light been on for awhile or did it come on right when vehicle stopped running? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the light has been on for quite a while

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Spray starting fluid into the throttle body while someone else tries to start it. The throttle body would be the "carburetor" looking thing where the intake tube connects to top front of engine. Let me know how it goes, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you, I'll try that, if it dies out when the starting fluid is exhausted, would it most likely be the fuel pump or something else?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
It would most likely be a fuel pump but then the next step would be to do a fuel pressure test with a pressure gauge. Most parts stores will barrow out a fuel pressure test gauge for free. Fuel pressure should be at least 55 psi, if low then replace filter and check again. If fuel pressure is still low verify fuel pump has good power/ground and replace. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.