SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

powering steering light come on

Customer Question

powering steering light come on
Submitted: 4 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com,

what year, make and model is your vehicle?

Have you had a work done recently?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2008 hhr ls no work done

ok i am assuming that along with the light you are experiencing a power steering issue. There many possibilities as to the cause of the light, and guessing would not benefit you very much.

I need to know the code stored by the system to better help guide you to a cause and/or a solution. Unfortunately most auto parts stores can only check engine codes. so I would call a few to see if they can check for power steering codes which is a separate system then the engine codes.

If you can get the code then repost it here and we can move on further.

Otherwise you will have to take it to the dealer or to a reputable independent repair shop to diagnosis the system.