Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications in Engine Repair, Manual Drivetrain and Axles, Suspension and Steering, and Heating and A/C.
49095596

Have 1989 Camaro Iroc-Z28,with5.7 Tuneport injection. I have

Customer Question

Have 1989 Camaro Iroc-Z28,with5.7 Tuneport injection. I have done complete tune-up,new fuel pump and filter. car very hard starting,seems to be running rich at idle. seems fine driving down road.Will not start again if you turn it off
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 years ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a Certified Auto Technician with 26+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. I don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. I only know as much about your concern as you have stated in your post, so please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible.
Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator? sometimes, a split diaphragm can leak fuel into the intake manifold and cause the issues that you describe. to test this, remove the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator when the engine is idling, if fuel comes out, you will need to replace the fuel pressure regulator assembly...
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!
Robert