How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George H. Your Own Question
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 18817
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
Type Your Car Question Here...
George H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need information to fix a fast idle condition in my 2000

This answer was rated:

I need information to fix a fast idle condition in my 2000 Chevy S10 pickup. I want to view a document for my truck that is like the file shown by clicking the following link:
The check-engine service code is: "P0507 - Idle Control System - RPM above expected".
I ordered a new Idle Air Control Valve.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Is this what you had in mind? (Click here)

As long as you don't have any leaks in the intake tract cleaning the throttle body and replacing the IAC could solve your issue.

Please let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Although the document is for my truck, the images are not nearly as clear. (Do you think the document that I referenced was produced by General Motors?)

Also, near the end of the ALLDATA document it says, "Reset the IAC valve pintle position", but it does not explain the exact procedure for doing this on my truck.

I have the thick General Motors printed service manual, but I was unable to find the Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve Replacement procedure in my paper service manual.

Yes, that is from the service manual for your vehicle. Look under fuel and air delivery.

Click here for idle reset.

I think this information will allow you to replace the IAC. Please let me know how I can help you

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi George, I have 2 more questions before I thank you for your terrific help and happily accept your answers:
(I think the part that fits on top the throttle body (intake ring) is called the Air-Cleaner-Outlet-Duct.)
I need the part that seals between the throttle body and the Air-Cleaner-Outlet-Duct.
Also, I need the O-ring that is on the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve.
My questions:
1.) Can I buy these 2 parts from somewhere other than a dealer?
2.) How can I locate part numbers for these two items?

If you don't answer these last 2 questions I will understand, you already answered my main questions.

(I attempted to attach my file which shows the parts that I need, but a message comes up that says I don't have authority to access server...


"You don't have permission to access "" on this server.

Reference #18.76f8ea3f.1370552103.2664ff“)


Although I can't clarify this question by adding my image file, I think you can understand the 2 parts that I need without the seeing my image.
Thank you, Mike



The new IAC should come with the O ring, if it does not a NAPA store has a box of O rings and you can match your old one.

I doubt a dealer would have the gasket between the intake duct and the throttle body but I would ask. They are your best source for something like that. Second best would be a junkyard and pull it yourself from a fresh wreck. helps to locate yards with this truck in your area. Other than that I don't think you would find it anywhere in the aftermarket.

The access denied is a bug that the engineers are working on, if you think I need t see the file upload it to a third party site and post the URL of where it is so I can go take a look. Sorry for the trouble.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

THank you

George H. and other Car Specialists are ready to help you