How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Engineer
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 21975
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
Type Your Car Question Here...
Matt is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

mg f rover: My car an mg f 1997 has water in the oil and it

This answer was rated:

My car an mg f 1997 has water in the oil and it probably broke the or cracked the crankshaft how much
Will it cost me to repair or how much to replace the motor

if you suspect a broken crank then the most cost effective option is a used engine from a crashed car
don't waste time trying to rebuild the current unit

typically a used engine is about $600-1000 and expect to be charged a days labour to remove the old unit and fit the replacement
Matt and other Car Specialists are ready to help you