Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

suzuki Verona: Suzuki Verona, Low Beam Headlights dont wo

Customer Question
Suzuki Verona, Low Beam Headlights...
Suzuki Verona, Low Beam Headlights don't work.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Car
6/1/2013
Auto Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 years ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, just to confirm the high beams do not work unless held in the flash to pass position?
That is correct.DA5DZ1BD
The bulbs, sockets and wiring harnesses to them appear to be fine. I think the problem is between the relay under the hood and the headlamp switch. I just can't find any schematics to verify the faulty wire or components.
Thanks for confirming. I'll post the wiring diagram below. Check the light green wire coming off the dimmer switch. It feeds power to the high beams and dash indicator. The most common cause of this is a bad dimmer/multi function switch. Let me now if I may assist you further.
graphic
I'll be working on this later tonight and let you know what I find.
Sounds good, I will be away for a bit from 7-8 EST but will respond ASAP
I cross examined the schematic to the car and it appears to be missing a few components. Is this a complete Schematic or a simplified version?

1. Under the dash I have verified 2 of 3 grey cube relays, for DRL, Headlight low beam. (the third doesn't click when I operate the lights)

2. Under the hood there is 2nd relay for the Headlight low beams, When I short pins 30 and 87 the headlights go from DRL to Low Beam.

3. I couldn't locate the DRL Module. Can you locate an image of one, or describe what it should look like?
I have one other diagram which is easier to read. It also corresponds with the first as having just the DRL relay and headlamp relay. See below. The DRL module is located behind the radio.
graphicgraphicgraphic
I think there is a fault in the wiring harness to the low beam headlight relay under the hood, or the Diode is bad. Do you know where the diode is located?
Suzuki doesn't list a splice location for the diode like most other ca makers. From the looks of the diagram it's close to the DRL module. I'd suggest pulling the radio and following the harness from the DRL module. It's likely taped in the harness close to it.
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician