Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

isuzu trooper 2.8 turbo intercooler: I have a Isuzu trooper

Customer Question

I have a Isuzu trooper 2.8 intercooler turbo diesel, what grade and type of auto gear oil is good for the auto gear box? also my car now only changing gear above 3000rpm , what is the problem with it ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.Ok can you explain the exact issues you are having please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when i drive the car it only have gear change from 1 to 2 above 3000rpm.olso same as gear 2 to 3.
after i change a used gearbox the car is powerfull, but gear changing problem still same

Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Is the engine light on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok was it a used gearbox that was installed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Sounds like the used gear box is bad was this checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the original gear box was leaking badly an cause power down andchanging gear problem. but the used gear box i replaced was in dry condition, after install the car's power is back to normal. is there any other electronic part or vacumn pipe could effect this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the original gear box was leaking badly an cause power down andchanging gear problem. but the used gear box i replaced was in dry condition, after install the car's power is back to normal. is there any other electronic part or vacumn pipe could effect this? is 4jb1 engine gearbox gotdiffernt type?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Did the numbers match on the old and used transmission very important.