Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

suzuki xl-7: i have a 2007 suzuki xl-7. the check engine light

i have a 2007 suzuki...
i have a 2007 suzuki xl-7. the check engine light came on and the obd code said timing belt. had it replaced and the day i got it back the engine light came back on had it tested again this time p0452 code came on fuel tank preasuer sensor circute low voltage. today the fuel gauge is not working. it has full tank of gas but the gauge is still out
5/7/2013
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

If you have a code for the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor and the Fuel Gauge is not working at the same time, the problem is going to be in the wiring going to the top of the fuel tank. The Fuel Tank Pressure sensor is mounted to the top of the fuel pump assembly located at the top of the fuel tank. The wire harness for the fuel level sensor, which is mounted to the side of the fuel pump assembly located inside the fuel tank is located here as well. I would suggest carefully inspecting the wire harness to the top of the tank looking for any loose, broken or rubbed through wires. Wiggle the wires around and see if the fuel gauge responds. If so, you'll need to find the short in the harness. Both of these are directly related, so it has to be in that wiring somewhere. Follow the harness as far as you can and inspect carefully.
graphic
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Hello again! Ron Z here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Confused by my info request or answer?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?
~ Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thank-you! If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you, just bookmark this page so you can access my profile more easily and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thanks,
-Ron Z
Hello again! Ron Z here.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?

Thanks,
-Ron Z
I'm going to work on it this weekend. Your advice seems to be what every one else thinks that I asked. Thank you. If I need more help ill give you a yell. Thanks
It's got to be in that harness somewhere. Take your time and inspect it carefully. Let me know how you make out!

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -