Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

hilltop4527
hilltop4527
hilltop4527, Auto Service Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
2001 Sephia: with automatic transmission..ignition switch..works fine
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I have a 2001 Sephia with automatic transmission, on which I replaced the ignition switch. Everything works fine except that the shifter fails to unlock when I turn on the ignition and step on the bra… read more
97 mitsubishi eclipse: automatic transmission...slow down..start back
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I have a 97 Mistsubishi eclipse. It has an automatic transmission. The transmission works fine except when i slow down like stopping for a light then the light turns green and I start back up again. I… read more
I have a 2002 mini cooper with an automatic transmission.
Danny
Danny, Owner, lead mechanic
I have a 2002 mini cooper with an automatic transmission. The car accelerates fine. When I take my foot of the gas and let the car slow down by using the engine as a brake, I can hear this sound which… read more
pickup: automatic..highway speeds..light comes..position sensor
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Hi. I have a 98mazda b4000 pickup with a v6 engine and automatic transmission. The transmission shifts fine for weeks at a time but at highway speeds the transmission downshifts and the overdrive ligh… read more
1999 saturn: automatic transmission..short distance..trany shift codes
Eric, Retired
1999 Staturn SC2 1.9 With automatic transmission. The transmission works fine when cold, after I drive a short distance the car will not send trany shift codes and not shift right. I reset the codes w… read more
The compression, check the fuel pressure..spark plug..coil
DCM
DCM, Automotive Master Tech
Hello and thank for using JA. Seams to me the engine is been replace with a used one, and when you brought it back to the mechanic to have it check because the issue came back with different engine on… read more
1997 Eldorado: i lock the doors the horn..alarm..repair shop
MechanicMan
MechanicMan, High School or GED
I have a 1997 Eldorado. Everything on it works fine, except when on my key remote, when i lock the doors the horn does not chrip or make any noise to let me know the alarm is set-the lights flash but … read more
1999 Infinity QX4: it wont start..wouldnt start..spark
Tim Mohr, SHOP OWNER
I have a 1999 Infinity QX4 and it won't start. It took me to work and then it wouldn't start after work. I checked the spark and it's okay. I sprayed starting fluid into the intake, pressed the pedal … read more
96 Isuzu Rodeo: automatic transmission..It loses almost all power
Neal
Neal, Auto repair pro, 30 years experience
Hello. I have a 96 Isuzu Rodeo (automatic transmission) that drives fine when cold but when up to temp the transmission begins acting up. It loses almost all power during acceleration and take forever… read more
1990 Lexus: V6, Automatic transmission The foward gearS work..reverse
Firsthogman
Firsthogman, Meter Specialist I
1990 Lexus ES 250, V6, Automatic transmission The foward gearS work, but the reverse doesn't. When I place it in gear, the car moves a littel bit, then stops.… read more
2005 kia optima: automatic transmission..shifted fine untill engine
Neal
2005 kia optima,2.4. automatic transmission is original and shifted fine untill engine was changed. we took transmission out and had it looked over. it had nothing wrong. the transmission is slamming … read more
1997 Chrysler Sebring: Automatic..the car acts like the clutch kicks
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
Hi, Have a 1997 Chrysler Sebring-Automatic. The car shifts fine when you start out and the transmission is cold. When you go a little while 1 to 2 miles the car acts like the clutch kicks out and you … read more
i have a 2000 isuzu rodeo v6 automatic transmission and i have
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair, Mechanic
i have a 2000 isuzu rodeo v6 automatic transmission and i have a problem with it and was wondering if you can help. when i put the car in drive it doesnt move but when i push the button for the snow t… read more
90 lebaron: everything works fine..It works intermittently.
classictech
classictech, Consultant
I have a 90 lebaron, everything works fine except for the tact. It works intermittently. Some days it come on when I start the car, other days it won't. It goes on and off at will. Sometimes it goes o… read more
1999 Volvo S80: Automatic Transmission..work fine..rebuild..pan
BOBBYSS
I have a 1999 Volvo S80 with 256,00 Km. I brought it in to have the Automatic Transmission oil and filter changed.The Techs found large pieces of clutch material in the oil pan.The car was road tested… read more
my would not crank but the lights and everything..same thing
TIM THE TECH
TIM THE TECH, Associate Degree
I went into a store came back and my would not crank but the lights and everything where working fine. Took my kids to school and when I got back to my car it did the same thing. What could be the pro… read more
1998 porsche boxster: with automatic transmission..started acting..5th
Mike, Associate Degree
I have a 1998 porsche boxster with automatic transmission. I have had it for about a year it was working fine for a few months then the transmission started acting up. It wouldn't go into 5th or it wo… read more
I have a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo, 3.2L V6, 4X4, automatic transmission
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo, 3.2L V6, 4X4, automatic transmission with 129,000 miles on it. The check transmission light was on one day and the vehicle wouldn't accelerate past about 10 - 15 MPH. I chan… read more