Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche cayenne turbo: front ashtray does not open on a 04

front ashtray does not open on a 04 cayenne turbo
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

In some cases this can be caused by debris build up behind the ash tray itself,this will bind or keep the ashtray from opening up when operated for opening.I have seen this happen quite a few times.In some cases compressed air blown around the entrance for the ashtray will help with removing any debris or components that may be jamming this closed.If you have a way to blow compressed air along the sides and bottom of this ashtray entrance I would see if you are then able to open the ash tray.

If this does not work let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Had not a change to try it but I will try next week after I get home

O.k.,let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I followed your advice and used compressed air around the ashtray, also used some silicon lubricant no real improvement. After numeras tries ( 10-20 times ) it opens ones
If you got it open the next step is to check to see if there is anything trapped behind it or around it that is causing this issue here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing I could see, used a flashlight, just odd that it opens freely one time and than nothing for 20-30 tries
It sounds like something may be causing it to hang up or that the track for the ash tray is damaged,its difficult to say for sure from here without seeing it.