Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
suzuki: light on the dash stays..message says service TPMS... help
Canadafix
Canadafix, Auto shop owner
I have a rental from AVIS. Suzuki Kizashi 2012. A light on the dash stays on all the time and i don't know what it means, It a triangle with a ! in the middle and a message says service TPMS... HELP… read more
Stabilitrack and ABS lights come on and off. Message on dash
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
Second opinion] Stabilitrack and ABS lights come on and off. Message on dash says service stabilitrack. Where do I take it to be serviced and if these lights are on is it safe to drive? I have a 2006 … read more
Cadillac xlr: fob..abs..traction..purge sys and fuel rail..relays
Shawn
Shawn, Lead Diagnostics Tech
just installed motor in 05 cadillac xlr wont crank the fob is good voltage good message center says service fuel sys service abs ser traction sys will this disable crank mode will a dvd in the navagat… read more
stalled..oil clogged because of piston blow by..is common problem
mrfixitrick
mrfixitrick, Self-Employed Mechanic
error message is "engine stalled" battery and oil lights stay on. JAG DEALER service rep says that emission tubes are oil clogged because of piston blow by. He says that this is common problem for thi… read more
I have 1999 Saturn and just got a message that says Service
Eric, Retired
I have 1999 Saturn and just got a message that says: "Service Engine Soon" what does this mean? is this a regualr tune up? Its been about one year since I last did that. The car 'sounds' good - no fun… read more
The message center on the dash says “engine hot, a/c turned
Tyler Henry
Tyler Henry, Technician
The message center on the dash says “engine hot, a/c turned off” and the temperature gauge stops working. This happens intermittently, even when the engine is cold and first started in the morning. Th… read more
2004 BMW: service dept says I need a new valve block..plus labor.
Roehrigs01
Roehrigs01, Bachelor's Degree
I have a 2004 BMW 525 and I have a dynamic driving error message on the dash computer. Service dept says I need a new valve block for $950.00 plus labor. What is a valve block and why would I need a n… read more
Mechanic says..Service light..oxygen sensors..pipe..a cost of $1,350
Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, GM Service Training
My mechanic says my 2002 Silverado Engine Service light indicates bad oxygen sensors, and that I have to replace both plus the "y-pipe" at a cost of $1,350. Is this reasonable or bogus?… read more
Is it possible computer in a 2003 lincoln ls, to learn by
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
is it possible for the computer in a 2003 lincoln ls, to learn by the driving habits of the regular operator of the vehicle, and then program or learn a different program.… read more
My chevrolet aveo 2012 has a wet bit rear passenger footwell
Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, Retired Master Certified Technician
My chevrolet aveo 2012 has a wet bit rear passenger footwell and now starting on the passenger front footwell ..its bin to garage and they reckon theyve got to pull up carpets to find out what it is… read more
I am borrowing a mates A6 2009 Quattro sedan weekend and
Ron, Automotive Tech
Customer: Hi ***** *****. I am borrowing a mates A6 2009 Quattro sedan for the weekend and intend to purchase it. I have driven it before however thismorning as a took the ignition key out and after o… read more
I have a problem with my 2010 Ssang Yong stavic 270 Diesel
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
I have a problem with my 2010 Ssang Yong stavic 270 Diesel Manual Gearbox. It just go into spontaneous accellaration for no reason.… read more
Keep getting black smoke after driving 10 miles or so but
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
keep getting black smoke after driving 10 miles or so but only when i stop in traffic or at the lights,have changed the turbo i think it is the fuel injectors ????… read more
I have a 2003 ford explorer with 5 speed auto i need to
Ron, Automotive Tech
i have a 2003 ford explorer with 5 speed auto i need to replace the torque converter I will do a lot of heavy towing with it so need a stronger TC. Cheers Glenn… read more
Can you use the stock transmission and clutching everything
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
can you use the stock transmission and clutching everything ordered a make her the bell housing to transfer everything to the VA ok you understand what I'm saying I want to put a BA in MGB convertible… read more
Why does my Aux. Input Device Indicator keep popping up on
camerontech
camerontech, 20 year experience diagnostic technician
Why does my Aux. Input Device Indicator keep popping up on my Radio whenever it wants. I'm not plugging anything into accessory jacks. Also when I tap the top of the dash board the radio comes back on… read more
I have a 2000 Mazda Bravo 2.6L dual fuel utility pickup. It
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
I have a 2000 Mazda Bravo 2.6L dual fuel utility pickup. It runs fine on LPG fuel but staggers and stumbles on petrol, being very sensitive to throttle position. I have cleaned the injectors and seale… read more
Ron. My name is ***** ***** de los Reyes. I have a 2007 Ford
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Customer: Hi, Ron. My name is ***** ***** de los Reyes. I have a 2007 Ford E150 whose engine light keeps coming on. The Ford service center has already changed the purge valve and gas cap (lockable ve… read more