Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
new nav system in my 2008 crv EX..Reverse wire..stereo wiring harness
Paul
Paul, Associate Degree
I'm installing a new NAV system in my 2008 CRV EX. It has the stock stereo, but as I understand it, all of the wiring for the NAV is still back there. I need to know where to pick up the "In Park" and… read more
I understand it is possible to install daytime running
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello again,I understand it is possible to install daytime running lights on my 2013 Kia Optima SX Turbo. I have two questions:1. Is it possible to replace the turn signal switch inside the car as wel… read more
hyundai sonata: nav system needs to be spliced..put controls
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
installing a nav sysytem for my hyundai sonata 2006. The nav system needs to be spliced into the speed sensor out put. I understand that the speed sensor out put controls the speedomenter which would … read more
Ohh, well where do I start... Possible alternator failure or
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Dealership Service & CR Manager
Possible alternator failure or possibly security system issues?… read more
I can't open the navigational system to clean the cd and I
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I can't open the navigational system to clean the cd and I just put in a new battery so the system is trying to reload. The cd is dirty. The ejection motor on the cd player is no longer working so all… read more
2004 e320: nav system..the car running and not in a garage, I
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
I have a 2004 e320 with command nav system. Bought a 2006.2 Nav DVD to upgrade my system, without the car running and not in a garage, I simply ejected my 2004.1 DVD and replaced it with my new DVD, g… read more
98 buick lesabre: I understand it has a self adjustting shock system
duke_350
duke_350, Owner
GentlemenL I own a 98 buick lasabre. I understand it has a self adjustting shock system. My system seems to have failed. As I put weight in the trunk or bodies in the back seat, the shock system no lo… read more
DTS: a rear view camera to work through my NAV screen..rough
eric
eric, John deere tech.
I have an 08 DTS with AM/FM/NAV and was wondering if it is possible to add a rear view camera to work through my NAV screen. Also a rough cost if possible??… read more
I have a 2002 Range Rover and my sat nav screen is blank
DBranch
DBranch, Technician
I have a 2002 Range Rover and my sat nav screen is blank. The audio works fine and maybe the sat nav does but I can't tell if sat nav does as I can't see to set ip up.… read more
1999 Saab 95: head gasket..cylinder possibly fix a slight coolant leak
Mike, High School or GED
Will a retorque of the head gasket on a 1999 Saab 95 6-cylinder possibly fix a slight coolant leak (as I understand it sometimes will on a 4-cylinder)?… read more
2011 F-250: factory..Navigation system..the Ford nav system
Steve
Steve, Ford tech Specializing in electronics
I bought a 2011 F-250 without the factory Navigation system. If I decide to purchase the Ford nav system later, is the truck pre-wired to accept the system?… read more
From what I understand, with the car standing still the car
Jake
Jake, auto mechanic
OK, from what I understand, with the car standing still the car is I 1st gear, so the car goes into2 fine, 3rd it take about 5000rpm's and a big bang before it wants to jump into 3rd, 4th gear the sam… read more
hood, engine, carb, alternator, radiator, etc... cant smog
Pragueress
Pragueress, Bachelor's Degree
Put everything new under the hood, engine, carb, alternator, radiator, etc... can't smog - to hi hydrocarbons.... any suggestions ??… read more
Is it possible to change the voice on my nav unit.
mechanic next door
mechanic next door, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Is it possible to change the voice on my nav unit. I have a pioneer avic-f900bt. I have seen a video on Utube of a person that changed the voice to Yoda. I have been trying to find info on the web wit… read more
I put a new alternator belt on about 2 eeks..car keeps..tighten
Steve
Steve, Service Consultant
I put a new alternator belt on about 2 eeks ago, now my car keeps stalling out. is possible that I can over tighten the belt… read more
2005 galant: swap..put them into my 2006 evo9..nav system..hooked up
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
i want to swap out a 2005 galants hvac controls and put them into my 2006 evo9. the reason is ive installed a nav system and need to relocate my hvac controls to where the lower cubby hole is on my ev… read more
I can't understand why I keep getting message that passenger
Danny
Danny, Owner, lead mechanic
Hi, I can't understand why I keep getting message that passenger airbag is not on when in fact, there is a person who weighs enough is sitting in the seat. I have looked in manual and not doing anythi… read more
Jetta: deisel..drift or tracking of car at highway speeds
Tinker
Tinker, Mechanic
I have a 2009 deisel Jetta, nice car, except.... I can't stand the drift or tracking of car at highway speeds. It doesn't occur in any consistant way. The car constantly needs correction on a seemingl… read more