Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I just instalded a two post lift in my shop and i need to know

where to find the weight...
I just instalded a two post lift in my shop and i need to know where to find the weight of a car or how to tell what i can lift
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/1/2013
Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech

Steve :

Thanks for trusting me to help you with your car today. I am a certified mechanic with over 25 years of experience. I look forward to working with you

Steve :

If you open the door of the car it will have a sticker on the inside of the drivers door near the door latch an it will tell you what the weight of the car is. Most professional racks or lifts will handle all cars, it is the trucks you have to watch on how heavy they are. On the lift you just installed should be the weight limit. Usually there is a big sticker on the post you can easily read what you can lift. say 10,000 pounds then you open the door look at the sticker the vin is on and you will see a gvw and after that is a number on how much the vehicle weighs.

Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Steve
Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech