Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

Land Rover Discovery: 1999 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY I need the

1999 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY I need the power supply schematics for the Instrument Cluster power supply. I need to be able to hook the proper cable up to a batter and test this unit.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you. Here are the wiring diagrams for the instrument cluster for the 1999 Discovery. I hope this helps,

Chris

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi I'm looking specifically for the power supply. I need to be able to supply power to the unit.

Ok John, if you look at the diagram, the power supply comes into the cluster on the Light Green wire at terminal # XXXXX and grounded at the black wire at terminal #1.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Which is terminal one and two I can not read anything on the document.

If you click on the "see full image" you should be able to read it. Terminal 2 has a Light Green wire and terminal 1 has a solid Black wire.

If you look at the connector in the vehicle, and locate those wires, then you can see where they would connect onto the cluster's connector.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok I got it do you by chance know which cable will light up the back lights?

You mean the lights/illumination bulbs in the cluster?

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes.

Ok John I will get that information for you in about 30 minutes or so.

Chris

John, I cannot see which circuit is for the illumination bulbs in that instrument cluster. My All Data diagrams do not show this. I will keep looking though,

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you think you could helpme do the same with a 2009 Chevrolet Impala?

I think so, Let me see if I can find that diagram for you.

Chris

Ok John, I found it. Hope this helps my friend.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thabks when I power on the unit I can't get the miles to display do you know if there is anyway to do this?

If the unit powers up, and no mileage is displayed, then the unit is either defective, or will not display it because it does not see the vehicle's BCM (Body Computer). You may not be able to display the mileage with the cluster out of the vehicle John.

Chris