Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Suzuki Forenza: I had my alternator replaced and after the

I had my alternator replaced and after the battery was disconnected, I tried my radio code. The radio "unlocked" but is very staticy, the volume control doesnt work. The CD player also will only barely play (static, not very loud). Is there anything else I needed to do to properly unlock the radio? I used code 4524 which was written on my manual (by previous owner).

Thanks!

Bob

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long wait, many have looked at your post and have not felt comfortable helping. This area of concern is not my strongest point but I will try to help as best I can at least with some information. I have access to a lot of repair guides so I should be able to at least do something to aid you if your still needing help and willing to let me try

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Moose,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I still need help. I really dont have anything more to add to my original question. I have typed in dozens of available radio codes and the only one that does anything at all is the one I received with my owners manual (this is a used car). But still, there is some sort of a problem--the radio is full of static and the volume control doesnt work. The CD player also has problem. You can barely make out the music...Any ideas?

Bob

Since you were able to enter the code and the radio did start working this means the failures your experiencing are not code related. There is an internal issue inside your radio. Unfortunately this means the repair is replacing the radio with an OEM refurbished unit or with an aftermarket on.