sal66chev
sal66chev, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Hi I'm sal.I have over 18 years of experience in the mehcanic business certificated by AAMCO and ATRA
68039010

suzuki xl7: I have a 2007 Suzuki xl7 that the traction control

I have a 2007 Suzuki xl7 that the traction control off light comes on then reduced power light comes on. I shut it off and try to restart but doesn't want to fire up till I floor the gas peddle and pump it will it finally starts. What is going on with it ?

sal66chev :

Hi. my name is XXXXX XXXXX I`ll be happy to assist you. this type of vehicle does not have a throttle cable like older models. is what is called (driving by wire) means there is a sensor in the throttle body and another in the accelerator pedal. the computer monitors position on both sensors to determinate throttle angle. if the computer censes a difference between sensors it will go to a fail safe mode turning the torque reduction light on and disable acceleration and also could cause the traction light on. with a scan tool that can monitor live data is possible to determinate witch sensor is the one giving you trouble.

sal66chev :

I hope thios is of some help and if there is anything else I can help you with let me know. :-)