Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

BUICK REGAL GS: I HAVE A 1998 BUICK REGAL AND THERE IS A CLINKING

I HAVE A 1998 BUICK REGAL AND THERE IS A CLINKING SOUND COMING FROM UNDER THE SHIFT LEVER WHICH IS FLOOR MOUNT AND I HAVE DETERMINED THAT IT IS A SWITCH LOCATED UNDER THE LEVER PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE SWITCH IS AND THE DIFFUCULTY IN REPLACING THE SWITCH. THANK YOU

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

It sounds like you are referring to the brake shift interlock switch that enables you to shift out of park when the key is on the brake pedal is pressed. If this clicking noise occurs each time your press the brakes then yes this switch does need to be replaced, let me know if that's whats happening so I can get you the directions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

To chris aka moose what is the procedure to place the switch and the diffulculty to replace it and is the switch in the console.