Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Isuzu Trooper: Code p1860 on 2001 Isuzu Trooper. Is that the

Customer Question
Code p1860 on 2001 Isuzu...
Code p1860 on 2001 Isuzu Trooper. Is that the TCC solenoid or a 1234 shift solenoid? Any usual suspects i should check out first? The trans has been recently (20k ago) rebuilt. I will obviously check wiring first in-case the rebuild / installation caused problem but would like to have parts ordered before dropping pan so need some help.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Car
4/9/2013
Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, first check the 4 pin connector on top of transmission to make sure it is connected securely. Next on the red connector to the ECM, check continuity or pins 51 and 33. Repair short if required. If continuity is ok, then replace the TCC solenoid. Most of the time it is the TCC solenoid

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

Ok the TCC solenoid on these gm trans (4L30E) are the same as the shift solenoid right? When i looked up the napa part i came up with no description other than "A/Trans Solenoid"...

Let me see if I have the part number handy

It is not the same thing as shift solenoids. It will be listed as either a TCC solenoid, TCC PWM solenoid or just PWM solenoid.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

It took some time to get back to the truck but i did test 51 and 33 and there is no continuity between them. If i understand you correctly that is what i am supposed to find? I went ahead and replaced the solenoid and reset the ecm and the code came back on in a matter of a few miles. No drive-ability issues though, it shifts fine.

HI,

If there is continuity, then replace the solenoid. If no continuity, then repair short in wiring harness. you will need to trace the wiring and repair short. Start with the 4pin connector atop transmission and work back. check carefully for bent or corroded pins at the connector.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager