Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Land Rover Freelander: Land Rover Freelander 2002 V6 2.5 has

Land Rover Freelander 2002 V6 2.5 has the codes:
P1477, P1471
The codes P1471 and P1477 are for the Variable Intake System. I see alot of issues with those motors which will most likely need to be replaced and in some cases the intake assembly will need to be replaced. The motors are held in by four screws. If you hear any noises from the intake then the manifold may need to be replaced.
ClickHere
basically the lean codes is either a vacuum leak or a faulty air flow meter. I see issues with the vacuum lines cracking by the throttle as well as those intake tuning valve seals leaking. If your scan tool can read pids or live data we should monitor the fuel trims to see if they are high. Then I would recommend having the intake smoke tested. If we are sure there are no leaks it is most likely a faulty air flow sensor. Also those trucks are notorious for head gaskets leaking.
Remember Im here if yo need any fuhrer assistance for anything at all just let me know and we can continue for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for assistance thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I changed the head gasket and it made no difference.

I posted to change the VIS motors were these changed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I did

Why were the head gaskets replaced?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Because you mentioned that they are notorious of blown gaskets

We're vacuum leaks as well as the intake valves checked for leaks?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did a smoke test

Ok then it will have to be a mass air flow sensor that's failing and you will need to check this next. Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I test the MAF sensor?

Here's how to test the sensor.
ClickHere
Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is the part number for the intake manifold? Any little idea about the cost?

Here is the part not a major job labor about 100 dollars the most.
ClickHere
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I mean a complete intake manifold.

Upper or lower?