fordtech25
fordtech25, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN, WITH ADVANCED LEVEL CERTS.11 YEARS WITH FORD, 4 YEARS GENERAL AUTO.
49638932

RANGE ROVER 4,6 HSE: I,M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY RANGE ROVER

I,M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY RANGE ROVER 4.6 HSE. ITS NOT PULLING, IF YOU ACCELLERATE, IT STARTS JERKING (FLAT SPOT) IT CANT ECEED 100KM/H. FUEL PUMP HAS BEEN CHANGED, PLUGS. ALL SENSORS HAVE BEN CHECKED AND FOUND TO BE OKAY.
Hi I would like to help you out. If you have a vacuum gauge I would T it in a main engine vacuum line and driver the vehicle with the gauge so you can see it. Go wide open throttle and watch the gauge. If it drops to 0in and stays there while under wide open throttle load this would indicate an exhaust restriction. Commonly the catylst converters will clogg up and cause these symptoms.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we only did a visual inspection on the catalytic converter, will try to use a vacuum gauge in order to veryfy your answer. If its not the catalitic converter, what else.

Your symptoms point directly to that. If the engine can breath from an exhaust restriction than the vehicle will lack power and never get up to full speed. I know you said you checked the fuel pressure but volue is something that also need to be considered. pressure can be good and volume can be low. I do believe you have a converter issue. Thanks