Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Isuzu Axiom 3.5: I have a 2002 Isuzu Axiom, my problem is that

I have a 2002 Isuzu Axiom, my problem is that the driver side door lock button will not lock or unlock any of the doors.
The key FOB will unlock the drivers door
but not the other 3 doors. I checked the
fuses for the window operators and the
fuses all look ok. Do you think I will have to replace the driver door switch module ? I would like some advice.
I have a multi meter, but not sure where
to check with it. Thanks, Virg

Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

After studying the schematics, the unlock signal for the drivers door comes from the keyless entry module. Unlock for the other doors and lock signal for all doors comes through the drivers door switch assembly (module). Since the drivers unlock is operational, wiring and fuses appear to be okay. You can test for voltage input to the drivers door module on the Light Green/White wire. If you have voltage on this wire, the door module is bad and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Dave, I forgot to tell you that when I press the key FOB to lock the
doors, the horn honks about 4 times.
That usually did not happen. But the doors do not lock. Virg

This means the keyless entry module is receiving the signal from the key fob, but is signaling a problem with the horn honks. Likely this is also a result of no communication with the faulty door module.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The key tab will open the door but it won't lock on the drivers side or open or lock any of the other three doors.The switch in the door with five buttons. The window operators were working well. Is the problem in the drivers side or is it somewhere else in the vehicle?

The unlock signal for the drivers door comes from the keyless entry module. Unlock for the other doors and lock signal for all doors comes through the drivers door switch assembly (module). This indicates the keyless entry module is working, but the drivers door module is not. This means the drivers door module (drivers switch assembly) will need to be replaced to fix the problem.