Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

SUZUKI Forenza: 05 SUZUKI FORENZA, DEVELOPES A LARGE OIL LEAK

Customer Question

05 SUZUKI FORENZA, DEVELOPES A LARGE OIL LEAK AROUND THE OIL PUMP, FRONT MAIN SEAL AREA, ONLY AFTER 3 HRS OF 2000 RPM. WILL NOT LEAK AT ALL UNTIL IT HAS BEEN RUNNING, BE IT DOWN THE ROAD OR ON THE LIFT, FOR 3 HRS AT 2000 RPM OR BETTER. OIL LEAK QUITS AS SOON AS YOU LOWER RPM TO IDLE.
Category: Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 4 years ago.
When you installed the new oil pump what did you torque the bolts to?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Torque bolts to spec per alldata.

Thanks for that information just wanted to double check to make sure it wasn't a cracked housing issue due to over torque. If you clean the area and run the vehicle are you somewhat able to see where its coming from?
My opinion is that if were a crank seal it would be leaking at all speeds and temperature. .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, that's my opinion too. I've never seen anything like this. Customer has been driving the car for nearly 2 months, with no leak at all, since pump replacement, we've been monitoring it. The leak only showed up after she took it on a 300 mile trip. She monitored the oil level throughout the rest of the trip and brought it back to me Wed morning. Oil everywhere under the car. I cleaned it up, set the rpm at 2000 and raised it up. Nearly 3hrs on the lift and nothing, then suddenly it just started dumping oil from the area of the pump or crank seal. As soon as you deccellerate, it quits leaking.

I am at a loss, and was hoping someone somewhere around the country has run into this before. By the way, the oil pressure does NOT spike when this happens, but it consistently runs at about 50-55 lbs of pressure at higher rpms.

HELP!!

I've never ran into this and I called a couple of associates who work at Suzuki dealers and they a;so have never seen such either. I am going to open this back up to other experts for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for trying!!

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If you don't mind, could you go ahead and cancel?? I think this is a tough one, I was just hoping that someone somewhere had been in this situation before. After several days, I think it's got everyone stumped, even local professionals.

Thanks for trying though!!

P.S. I hope I won't be charged for this.