Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2004 holden Combo: Having trouble with a 2004 Holden Combo

Having trouble with a 2004...
Having trouble with a 2004 Holden Combo Van
Speedometer is not working,had a new speed cencer,plus a new relay,but still nothing.
If I go over bumpy roads it comes on, then off again?
3/19/2013
Pete, Technician

Hi Carol,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this sounds like a loose or damaged wiring connection that may be causing this here.I would check the wiring from the speed sensor and to where it runs to see if you locate a broken or damaged/loose wire at all.If you do then the wire should be repaired to correct this here.

If this has been or is checked and no problems are located let me know and we can continue from there.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete for answering..

Ill get the holden auto electrician to have a look,they are saying its the computer...only had the one thats in the van now 17 months...ummmm

I would have them make sure the wiring is o.k. from this sensor as in some vehicles this can be a common component to cause this type of fault here.Let me know if you need anything else,thanks Pete.
Pete, Technician

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician