Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Ford: i have a 2003 ba xr6 auto...starts fine and after a few

Customer Question
i have a 2003 ba...
i have a 2003 ba xr6 auto...starts fine and after a few seconds the tacho and fuel guage drop to zero and a warning light comes on then it fuctions correctly again for a few minutes then does it again and again
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Car
3/5/2013
Auto Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Hi. The concern you describe is common to happen when the instrument cluster is faulty. The instrument cluster should be replaced. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks, Eric
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

so am i going to have to replace this cluster many times over the next 5 years

No, I don't think it will happen many times. I usually just happens once. I would suspect that it will be completely fixed.

today i fully charged the battery as this car has stood for some time...the dash seems to function fine now...seemed like a relay or such wasnt being fed enough current but all seems good now so ill give you a positive reply but just a heads up on the current issue..possibly a relay lazy thanks..paul

I agree that if the battery was low a relay may not have add enough current to stay energized. Thank you for a positive rating. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks, Eric
Please remember to rate the service you received! Thank you for using JustAnswer.
EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician