Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.
29534642

is a slightly faulty oxygen sensor causing the engine light

is a slightly faulty oxygen sensor causing the engine light to be on a major cause for concern that i should not take aXXXXXbecause of it?

Eclayton4 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX just trying to see if these engine light codes were something major that i shouldnt drive with because i have a long work commute

Eclayton4 :

You can drive the vehicle with a defective o2 sensor. It may not run an an optimum level. as the processor may substitute a known value for the O2 sensor.

Eclayton4 :

However, The difference will be slight in my opinion and perhaps not even noticeable.

Customer:

thats good to know so it wont cause the enine to fail while driving?

Customer:

engine'

Eclayton4 :

One rule of thumb is this, If the oil light isn't on, and the temperature gauge isn't overheating. Those are the two main things. Oil Pressure and Temperature are most important and can damage the engine. If those two are alright, then it is driveable.

Customer:

ok thanks you, very reassuring thanks for your time

Eclayton4 :

One exception is this, If the Check Engine light starts blinking, then that does mean damage to the catalytic convertor is possible. Usually meaning the engine is misfiring, so if the engine light is blinking, it is more of a sign for concern. I believe you said yours was just ON, so that is ok.

Eclayton4 :

Absolutely, your welcome, Is there anything else you would like to ask?

Customer:

alright great to know

Customer:

no that covers it

Eclayton4 :

OK, thank you for using justanswer.com. We are here if you need us in the future.