AMD
AMD, Master Technician
Experience:  L1 Advanced Level Diagnostics Specialist
65953032

Hi shopping rear brake rotors and pads. Id like an opinion

Hi shopping rear brake rotors and pads. I'd like an opinion on Aimco disc rotors - Super Premium vs Extreme Service also. I will either get those or the Raybestos which I think have a good reputation.

I'd like an advice also on the Raybestos pads - the regular ceramic pads vs the premiums vs the super premiums

Thanks

AMD :

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Car question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

AMD :

May I know the year,make and model of your vehicle?

Customer:

2005 murano

AMD :

OK Before we go into the brands you've mentioned, Have you considered original pads and rotors?

Customer:

no you think I should

AMD :

To be honest I would. Raybestos pads and rotors are good but they are no match for originals.

AMD :

The dust level they create and the longevity is much better with originals Especially when it comes to rotors.

AMD :

I've seen after market rotors warp so quickly after buying it is unbelievable.

AMD :

If you are OK paying the original prices which I can help with I would go original

AMD :

Let me get you some prices so we can compare, Is that OK?

Customer:

hum I'm in Canada so let me call the dealer one sec

AMD :

Get the part numbers off of the dealership. We can find better prices online. Just give them the VIN number and have them give you the part numbers.

Customer:

hum no I won't get into that

Customer:

The car is for only a year or two so

AMD :

So you want to discuss after market options?

Customer:

Do you know the Aimco

Customer:

s

AMD :

Yes Amicos are good rotors, Super premium or extreme service didn't really make a difference. I would go with extreme service. They seem to be the least prone to warpage and rusting.

AMD :

Now for pads raybestos are good. Use ceramic pads. They dust alot but they are the closest to originals and they are queit.

AMD :

Did you have any other questions for me?

Customer:

Ok thanks. How about the Raybestos rotors vs the Aimcos

AMD :

I would go Raybestos rotors and pads.

Customer:

ok which pads the reg ceramics, prem ceramics, or super prem ceramics

AMD :

Go prem ceramics. They are not the cheapest ones and are typically used by most shops with good results.

Customer:

ok thanks

AMD :

You're welcome

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you know the brand WBR in rotors and pads?

I don't know that brand.

Other brands that I have experience with are ac delco, wagner and beck arnley they are all good but raybestos would be my personal pick from the bunch.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thanks. Can you relist this last one on WBR or I can ask a 'new' question maybe

I can do some research on those pads and get back to you, Would that be OK?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok that will do take your time I don't really need the answer today

Thank you. I will get back to you shortly. I am making some contacts to my sources to verify the quality of this brand for you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

great

Hello again,

So I did some research for you on the WBR brand products for you. Actually that is a very good brand however they make metallic and ceramic pads, Make sure you get the ceramic. The only issue with that brand are the prices. They are a bit pricey which makes you think why not just get the originals for an extra 10-15 dollars. Unless you find them for a good price then I see no reason why not go original pads which is the best pad for your car.

If you find it for a good price then go with ceramic pads and that's a good brand.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok great one last question related to this.

I tell you the prices I can get here you tell me what would be your combination ok :

Aimco rotor extreme service : $22

Raybestos rotor : $49

WBR rotor : $38

Raybestos ceramic pads set : $39

Raybestos prem ceramic pads set : $58

Raybestos super prem ceramic pads set : $70

Akebono pads set : $80

Let's say for a 3 year life spand with the car.

Thanks a lot

I would go with wbr rotors and raybestos prem ceramic pads.

The regular ceramic pads from raybestos can be noisy down the road because its not as pure as the prem ceramics