Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Isuzu Rodeo: May i have the pin diagram for thr OBD2 CONNECTOR.

May i have the pin diagram for thr OBD2 CONNECTOR. To test for power
Hello and welcome to Justanswer,

The power pin on your 1999 Data Link connector is the #16 pin from the same fuse as the Horn fuse (10 amp) in the under hood fuse panel . See the enclosed diagram.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, i just hooked my scanner and it turned on but it had no communication to the ecm. Where do I need to look to fix the data communication.

Have you checked the fuse Anton?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well which fuse is it?

Its the #2 fuse in the under hood panel. See the enclosed diagram.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay, that fuse is good. I just cant communicate to the ecm. my scanner powers up.

It is a Solus Pro

If your sure you have a good working scanner and your running the right program and the fuse is good and the scanner will not communicate then this usually means the PCM is bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay, if pcm is bad was does it run?

Let you know, i did have another vehicle that had a simular problem. I had to replace the data, ground, and positive wires to the OBD connector and it worked.

You may want to try the same thing with this one as well , a new PCM can run up to $1000 for a new one. I would also make sure your scan tool is working as it should and is not defective.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well, it reads my F350 Powerstroke. Also, a delership could not read it either. I guess I am replacing wires. it is pin #2 and 6 that I need to look at?

I would have to agree, recheck the wiring and if it checks okay then its likely a bad PCM
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay, need some more help.

I have 8 wires and the HOT (pin 16) is not a white wire but a green/yellow

Pin #16 is the power supply wire, the diagram shows it to be white but it could be green/white .