I have a 94 xj6 with a lot of weird problems. first it used to crank but not start, it had good spark, but when I pulled

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi I have a 94 xj6 with a lot of weird problems. first it used to crank but not start, it had good spark, but when I pulled the plugs they would be wet with fuel. More recently everything inside went haywire. strange ticking noises all over, windshield wiper working at random times, instrument cluster flashing on and off. any help would be appreciated thanks
Answered by Pete in 10 hours 10 years ago
imglogo
Auto Mechanic
logo

Specialities include: Automotive Mechanic, Small Engine Repairs, Auto Body Repairs, Diesel Engine Repairs

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Did you have spark on all cylinders when you tested for spark?

Has anything been done on the vehicle recently that may have caused these issues?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer

Thanks pete, yes all cylinders have spark. I'm unfamiliar with the history on the vehicle, I just got it. I did pull the code on it (jaguar codes are new to me), it has a fuse 1 and fuse 2 error

Do you have the code numbers that were set for these fuse 1 and fuse 2 codes?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer

no all I have is the fuse 1 and fuse 2. based on my research it is refering to the driver and passenger side kick panels as fuse 1 and fuse 2. I'm not sure how to retrieve a more detailed code on a jaguar. what I retrieved I got by pressing the vcm button on the dash.

O.k.,if the codes you have set are codes for a fuse 1 and fuse 2 this may be indicating no voltage to these fuses or possibly intermittent electrical problems on these circuits.From what you have described here this may be possibly due to an electronic ignition switch failure.If the switch is failing to provide the correct voltage to certain components intermittently then it can cause this type of fault here.

It is difficult to pinpoint the exact fault from here but with what is described this should be checked into/tested to see if it is at fault or if there is another component at fault causing this here.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
Auto Mechanic
imglogo
Auto Mechanic
logo

Licensed mechanics

Pearl avatar
Steve Pearl, Mechanic's Assistant
14 Mechanics are online right now.