Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

1997 landrover: ok i have a 97 landrover when i start it it…

Customer Question
ok i have a 97...
ok i have a 97 landrover when i start it it starts find when i turn it off won't start back up if i wait 3 min it start up again
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Car
2/4/2013
Auto Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Is the engine light on ?Is it missing fuel or spark when it does not start?

first engine was on it gave the code of fuel pump so we change it then it gave a code misfire 5 so we cange the coil and still having the same promblem

Ok will it start with starting fluid and what were the number codes?

yes it starts with staring fluid,the code was 1316 and po1313

Does it run ok with starting fluid or run rough ?Are you sure the fuel pump is good the new one and there is power to it?

no it runs fine when it turns on and i check the fuel pressure according to alldata

So the fuel pressure is good and just the injectors are not opening correct?

the injectors is not getting fire on the second turn over

the knock sensor have anything to due with this promblem

No that would not cause this issue.Timing and compression is good correct?

when the car turns over and start everything is fine i turn the car off and try to start again wont start and the injectors won't get no power

Does the security light flash when this happens?

no it doesn't

does the crank or cam shaft sensore have anything to due with this promblem

Thats exactly what i was getting to had a similar issue and the problem was a failing crank sensor.i would test this next for this issue as it sounds like the problem.Remember if you need anything else at all please let me know I would be more then happy to help you .Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.

but i comfuss the crank if it was bad they why is the car starting and driving fine until i shut it of and try to start it up again the injectors are not getting power

Because as soon as that heats up it shorts out and once its cool it will start again.Can be the contacts in the ignition switch also .I would check these next.Remember if you need anything else at all please let me know I would be more then happy to help you .Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.

because he couldn't solve the promblem i was accutually telling him and i final decided i will take it to landrover ,i try a second expert and he never replied

Why was this rated poor service. I gave you two options of what this can be. If you had any further questions or needed more assistance or tests just let me know. I'm here to work with you and been with you every step of the way in a very timely manner.
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician