Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

geo prizn: i have a 1990 geo prizm ,the trans works in all

i have a 1990 geo prizm ,the trans works in all gears but wount shift in drive, the as i drive in stops in all gears. when i turn it back on the trans works again even in drive but wont up shift in drive, then it stops working till i restart it
Sounds like a faulty transmission computer is the engine light on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no light

Ok so when you turn power off then back on it will work properly for awhile correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Ok thats a tell tale sign there is an issue with the transmission computer .About 50 dollars off ebay or a salvage yard and would start here next.Heres one on ebay.
graphic

Remember if you need any further assistance at all for anything just let me know.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.