Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2008 town and country van esp. lite bas. lite comes

2008 town and...
2008 town and country van esp. lite bas. lite comes on has code c1219 is stored in abs, only goes 25 mph trans wont shift help?
1/24/2013
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is a code for the stering anglw sensor, do you have a scanner that can read data for the steering?

yes

on the scanner, with the steering wheel straight, what does scanner read for syeering angle?

288 and delta is 0

it should be no more than 15 degrees in either direction, you most likely have a bad steering sngle sensor, have you checked the steering column and the output shaft for any damage?

no damage that i can see, no code set in sas, but code was set in abs and also would this cause the esp bas lite to come on?

Yes, with this code, both the abs and esp light will be illuminated, it wont set a code in the sas system,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

is this part of clock spring and will it cause trans not to shift?

on the scanner, when you turn the steering wheel, does the angle increase when turning left, and decrease when turning right?

Yes, the steering angle sensor is part of the clockspring assembly,Tim