Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Hello, I am looking for the line to the rack and pinnion of

Customer Question

Hello, I am looking for the line to the rack and pinnion of a 2000 Daewoo Nubira. Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. You can buy one from www.rockauto.com the part number is 8239. You can also get a used one from www.car-parts.com for about half the price but I would recommend buying new. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Dan, I went to both sites that you gave me, but I am having trouble locating the part. If possible, can you please give me a call at XXX-XXX-XXXX to discuss. Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
To buy on rock auto go to www.rockauto.com click on the tab that says "Part Number Search" Then type in 8239 and a list of parts will come up, the one you need is 3 down on the listed labeled "Rack and Pinion Complete Unit". To buy a used one from www.car-parts.com go to the website, select your vehicle, then in the part list select "Steering Rack/Gear/Box" on the dropdown list and it will give you bunch of places to call, then go through the pages as it should be sorted by price starting with the highest. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks Clyde.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I already have the "Rack and Pinion complete unit." I was told that I need to replace the "Line" of the Rack and Pinion. I just need the Line nothing else. Thanks, Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for update Clyde and sorry about confusion. This is a dealer only part, but its cheap so that's good. It is called the High Pressure Power Steering line. You can go to the following website to find the closest dealer in your area, pay by phone, and they will ship it to you. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

http://www.daewoous.com/Locator.aspx

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help, Dan. This helps alot. Take care.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
I am happy I could help Clyde. Let me know how it goes or if you run into any questions. Thanks again and have a great night.